Live chat is no longer a customer preference. It’s an expectation. People want their questions answered now. Not in weeks, days, or even hours—right now. Luckily, adding Podium’s Webchat to your website is super easy. As in four steps easy. And it takes less time than responding to an email.
To get started, there are a couple of things you need to do. First, sign up for a free Podium account here by entering your contact information and verifying your business.
Once you’ve signed in, select “Webchat” under the “Manage” tab.
Now we’re cooking with gas. To install your Webchat,
1. Verify Your Website. Verify that the website shown is your site—or the site where you want your Webchat widget installed. Then, click “Yes.”
2. Give Website Access. Select the domain your website is built with from the options below and hit “Save and Continue.” (If you’re unsure, no worries. We can forward the info).
The process for installing Webchat is slightly different depending on which CMS you select. But regardless of the website type, you’ll basically be pasting the code snippet before the closing </body/>tag in the footer of your website. In this piece, we’ll be showing you how to install with GoDaddy.
3. Install Webchat. Use the instructions below to easily install your Webchat yourself, or forward them to your admin.
- Sign into your admin account.
- Select your website.
- Click Edit Site.
- Click Pages & Sections.
- Click Add Section.
- Select HTML and click Add.
- In custom code, paste the widget code.
- Set forced height to 600 pixels.
Then, hit “Done” and “Publish.”
4. Preview Widget. Make sure everything looks okay, (you can customize your icon image and greeting, etc.), send yourself a couple of messages to troubleshoot, and you’re good to go!
And, well, that’s it. No hassle. No cost. No reason not to get started. Are you ready for your website to start driving and converting leads like a lead-generating machine? Awesome. So are we.
To learn more about how Podium’s Webchat differs from other live chat tools, check out How is Podium’s Webchat Different?